How does the Medication History for Reconciliation service work?
Surescripts Medication History for Reconciliation and ED Settings service provides real-time access to the largest set of medication claims and pharmacy fill data available, delivering a more complete picture of the patient at every step - from admission to discharge. This enables more informed treatment decisions across transitions of care, helping to reduce the patient risk of ADEs.
- History Request: Authorized Staff requests history
- Validated Request: The request is validated and queries are sent
- Multi-source Response: Data from pharmacies and PBMs is sent
- Aggregated Data: Data is aggregated and forwarded to requester
Pharmacy Fill and PBM claims data include:
- Name of drug
- Quantity dispensed
- Days supply
- Dispensing pharmacy
- Phone number of pharmacy
- Prescription ll date
- Name of prescribing physician
- Phone number of prescribing physician