What specific transactions can I conduct electronically via the Surescripts network using my pharmacy computer?
Your connection to the Surescripts network enables you to:
- receive new prescriptions
- send requests for prescription renewals
- receive renewal approval or denial responses from prescribers
- receive new prescriptions for controlled substances*
- receive "cancel" transactions (CANRX) from prescribers*
- send "change" transactions (RxCHANGE) to prescribers*
*This functionality may not be available in all pharmacy software applications. Please contact your pharmacy software vendor to ensure they are certified for and have implemented these transaction types. You may also need to update your software to ensure that your pharmacy management system is capable of these transactions.