In 2015, Surescripts drove a massive digital shift in healthcare, processing 9.7 billion transactions across our nationwide health information network. In fact, each day, we processed an average of 3.8 million electronic prescriptions in the United States, surpassing giants Amazon (3 million packages each day) and Uber (1 million rides each day worldwide).
To better understand what this means for patients, doctors, pharmacists and everyone who touches healthcare, we recently released our 2015 National Progress Report. This year’s report includes new features like video commentary from leading health IT experts and influencers. These real-world insights are brought to life and delivered directly by people who, like all of us at Surescripts, live and breathe healthcare data exchange each and every day.
We collected unique and compelling perspectives from a wide variety of leaders in health IT, including:
- Robert Barker, Vice President of Community Connectivity, NextGen Healthcare
- Peter Devault, Director of Interoperability, Epic
- Mike Gelman, Corporate and Business Development, SigmaCare
- Dr. John Halamka, CIO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center & Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Erica Neher, Clinical Interoperability Lead, SSM Health
- Shahid Shah, Cofounder and CEO, Netspective Communications
Thank you to everyone who contributed their thoughts on today’s healthcare challenges and opportunities.
I hope you’ll add your ideas in in the comments below, or use #HITprogress to join the conversation on social media.