Judging by recent news headlines and my social media feed, this year’s HIMSS gathering seemed to be the most exciting and energized yet—not only because of the many emerging technologies under discussion and on display, but also the overall sense that the industry is making real progress, and positively impacting patient care in some very real ways. And the Surescripts Network Alliance® led discussions throughout the show that demonstrated this impact through the lens of a very hot topic: prescription price transparency.
In true collaborative form, Dr. Steve Miller, Chief Clinical Officer of Cigna, and Dr. Troyen Brennan, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of CVS Health, joined Surescripts CEO Tom Skelton on stage for Views from the Top: Price Transparency in Prescription Drug Costs.
Check out the highlights video, which details:
- Why patients give up on their meds: Many patients choose to abandon treatment, due to delays that result from additional administrative work associated with their prescription, or out-of-pocket cost.
- The “horrible experience” that makes patients question their healthcare choices: Dr. Miller self-admittedly shares that doctors are too busy “making love to their keyboard” to truly connect with patients and provide high-quality care.
- How a little retail therapy might help: A more consumer-centric approach that mimics other positive online shopping experiences can empower patients and help inform their healthcare buying decisions.
- The real-time tool trio that’s changing the game: Three key technologies that, when combined, create a dramatically improved consumer experience—without unnecessary headaches at the pharmacy.
- And the mountain of money we can save: In addition to improved quality and safety, find out just how much money we can save every year by deploying these technologies at the point of care.
As our experts shared, the tools that will revolutionize patient-provider interaction are available today. Watch the full-length video to learn more.