Dr. David Blumenthal, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse Join Surescripts to Headline 5th Annual Safe-Rx Awards Luncheon Sept. 21
Annual release of 1-50 state rankings based on e-prescribing use
Dr. David Blumenthal, HHS National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse will join Surescripts CEO Harry Totonis at the Fifth Annual Safe-Rx Awards luncheon.
The day's news will include announcements and discussion of:
• The Top 10 e-prescribing states (winners of Safe-Rx Awards)
• 1 to 50 ranking of all states based on e-prescribing use
• Naming of this year's Safe-Rx Evangelist
• Latest statistics on e-prescribing adoption and use
• E-prescribing's impact on safety and health care costs
• E-prescribing's role in nation's push for meaningful use of electronic health records
The Safe-Rx Awards recognize the top 10 states in the nation that have shown outstanding progress and leadership in advancing the use of e-prescribing technology. Electronic prescribing improves the safety and efficiency of healthcare and helps define "meaningful use" of electronic health records.
• Harry Totonis, president and CEO, Surescripts
• Dr. David Blumenthal, National Coordinator for Health IT, Department of Health and Human Services
• Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
• Congressional and state leaders
Tuesday, Sept. 21
11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. - Press availability with Harry Totonis
Noon to 2:00 p.m. - Luncheon, speakers and Awards presentation
Hart Senate Office Building
Surescripts operates the nation's largest e-prescription network and supports the most comprehensive ecosystem of health care organizations nationwide. Surescripts was founded on the principles of neutrality, transparency, interoperability, efficiency, collaboration and quality. Surescripts connects prescribers in all 50 states through their choice of e-prescribing software to the nation's leading payers, chain pharmacies and independent pharmacies. The Nation's E-Prescription Network is available every day to healthcare providers in need of low-cost, electronic access to prescription and health information. By securely and reliably providing that information during emergencies and routine care, Surescripts is committed to saving lives, improving efficiency and reducing the cost of health care for all. For more information, go to www.surescripts.com and follow us at twitter.com/surescripts.
See why we’re trusted by healthcare organizations across the country.